Make Your Home Shine with Candles
Many people spend a lot of money to make their home look better, only to realize that they are not satisfied with the results. Fortunately, there’s a solution that requires a lot less money and can produce significant results.
Decorating with candles is a great idea to make your home look more attractive. You can decorate with various types of candles since there are a variety of colors, styles, and designs to choose from. Many additional items like candle holders, candle glasses, tins, fragrances and essential oils are available in specialized candle shops and online. With a little imagination, you can use candles to make your home more beautiful without spending a fortune.
Candles can create a romantic feel in the bedroom, a therapeutic atmosphere in the bathroom, or an enchanting ambiance in the garden, but there are a few tips that you should follow when it comes to decorating with candles.
Know Your Candles
There are a number of different types of candles that can be implemented in your interior design. You have to place right type of candle in the right space. Start by choosing a location in the home where you would like to place your candle. Then, determine which of these candles are right for that space:
- Pillars: Pillar candles are thick and can stand without support. For added height or appeal, they can also be used in a candle holder.
- Votives: A votive is very similar to a pillar candle, but it is smaller. Like pillars, they can stand alone or be used with a holder
- Floating: Floating candles are designed to float and burn on a water surface. These candles ar therefore usually small and flat (they fit in the palm of your hand).
- Tea Lights: These candles are short, small, and round. They are placed in their own polycarbonate or aluminum holders. Some tea lights come with metal or gas containers that can be removed easily.
- Tapers: Tapers are the traditional candles that are used in candlesticks and candelabras of candles. They are slender—six to twenty inches tall—and they cannot stand alone.
- Hurricanes: These candles are made of special wax which is mixed with shells, leaves, or dried flowers. With a specific look they are really eye catching, and they are among the most popular candles in the market.
Tips for Bedroom Decorating with Candles
- Make a candle garden with the combination of taper, pillar and votives. Layering different heights will add a more dramatic look.
- Place scented candles on both sides of the bed. A beautiful way to do this is to install wall sconces
- To create mild warm and a soft glow, use candle lamps.
- Placing candles in front of mirrors will create more light.
- Try to create an antique look by combining candles with old lanterns and lamps. You can also try substituting candles for light bulbs in your regular lamps.
Tips for Decorating the Bathroom with Candles
- Use pillar or jar candles around the bathtub
- To add a romantic effect, use scented candles with fragrance oils.
- Set up taper candles close to the mirror for making a sparkling glow
- Place candles in bathroom corners using tall candle holders
- Try some floating candles in the bathtub for a really romantic night
Tips for Decorating the Living Room with Candles
- Use pillars to draw more attention to the coffee table
- Fill up a dish with colored marble stones and place a pillar in the center
- Use candle lamps for lighting purposes and switch off the electric lights
- Make centerpieces with flowers, petals, crystals and floating candles
- Put candles inside the fireplace if you don’t use it. This is especially stunning if you use a wide, large candle holder
- Make candle chandeliers. These are ideal for bathrooms and gardens too.
There are many interesting ways to use candles for decorating. Nowadays it is not difficult to find them in candle stores, malls, or even online. If you’re really creative, you can try making your candles at home! No matter how you get your candles, though, they are sure to liven up your home!